Banana Bread Cream Cheese Muffins



It always happens, there is at least one banana that over ripens before we get to it and needs to be made into banana bread.  It just so happened that my new Gallery Essentials Silicone Baking Molds showed up at the same time.  That is why I decided to make Banana Bread Muffins and might as well throw in a cream cheese layer as well!  I used the Banana Bread recipe that I got from my mom, which is a family recipe and added a cream cheese filling I got from this pin.  You could also use this recipe and make your bread in a loaf shape if you prefer.  I just like the portion size and portability of these little muffins.

Banana Bread Cream Cheese Muffins
Ingredients
1/3c. Sugar
1T. Shortening
1 egg
1/2c. Mashed Banana (I just do one banana)
1/2c. milk
1 1/2c. Flour
1 3/4tsp. Baking Powder
1/2tsp. Salt

Cream Cheese Filling
4oz. Cream Cheese
1/4c Sugar
3 Tbl. Flour

1. Preheat oven to 350 and cream together sugar, shortening, and the egg.
2. Add mashed banana and milk and mix.
3. Finally add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir.
4. In another bowl mix together cream cheese filling ingredients. 


5. Place the baking molds on a cookie sheet and put a scoop of banana bread mixture in the each.  Use about half the banana bread mixture, I made 9 muffins.  No greasing necessary!


6. Generously scoop cream cheese mixture into molds.


7. Top with remaining banana bread mixture.


8. Bake at 350 for about 15 min or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool a couple minutes and transfer to wire cooling rack.


     Enjoy!  I hope this recipe works well for you, we love it at our house!  I also love how easily the muffins popped out of these Gallery Essentials Silicone Baking Molds even with the sticky cream cheese layer!  These molds definitely passed the test in my kitchen!  They can be found on Amazon and you can get them 25% off with code TOM25OFF for my readers!  That would make them only $7.99 for a set of twelve.  They come in cute colors and can be used for baking and also for those cute bento lunchbox meals that are all the craze right now.  I may even have another post coming out with toddler lunch ideas using these baking molds so be sure to watch for that!  Do you have any creative ideas for these baking molds, fun muffin recipes, or great toddler lunch ideas?  I would love to hear them!


                  Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS