Week 8 - My New Flash

Again I am behind in posting for the week but I did take pictures!  I will admit I am not going to include very many pictures that I took since most of them are pretty boring.  I was mostly playing with my flash and diffuser so I was playing with aiming it in different directions.  I still need to play with it more to get a good feel for it.  It is so different than using the natural light but there are times when I just don't have enough natural light so its a good thing to have.  So here is what I have for this week…




These are an example of bouncing the flash in different directions or angles.  Not terribly exciting but necessary for learning!


 I was having trouble using the flash with my little one.  As you can see it isn't flattering, however I have since talked to a photographer friend and I think I know what else I can try.


This picture was also with my flash in a fairly dark area.  I think this one turned out pretty well (the light was bounced off the ceiling).



Here are a few more pictures from last week.  I do not think I was using my flash for these, just the natural light from the windows.  I think after I have properly learned my flash I should be able to create catchlights in photos like these.

Thats all I have for this week!  Thanks for following along on my photography journey, even through weeks like these where it isn't all that exciting!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of flash did you get? I am looking to get one too.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS