Sunday Ramblings



    • We had a great weekend and I hope you did too!  I made applesauce today with my friend Kat. Miss Amelia watched, she was super interested in the apple peeling :).   I had a whole peck of apples and it made 5 pints of applesauce with a bowl  for a fridge.  This means I now have corn, green beans, and applesauce canned and frozen for the winter.
    • Speaking of time in the kitchen I also made Miss Amelia some carrots.  She made some faces but they seem to be going a little better than the peas.  I made some extra and froze about six little cubes for later.  At the rate I am going I may need a bigger freezer ;). She still isn't sure about the whole food concept yet and I am not sure she really eats much of it, but it's good practice.  Kat recommended putting some on her tray and letting her play with it herself so I may try that and see what she thinks (probably right before bath time). 

    • We also got a visit from my mom, my aunt, and my uncle, so we got to take a break and catch up after cooking in the kitchen.  Always nice to visit with family!
    • It sounds like my thirty one order from Amy is in, which means I can organize underneath my bathroom sink finally!  I will take before and after photos although I hesitate to show the before.  My plan is to have containers for hair, cleaning, etc so there is some kind of order down there.  Now I just have to make sure to get it done (that's always the hard part).
    • Tomorrow Miss Amelia and I are going to visit with Amy in the morning :) and then she has shots later :(. I always hate taking her in for shots, I never want to see her cry in pain, but it is best in the long run.
    • I have decided the fabric store should probably ban me from buying any more fabric until I finish some projects at home...  I did get some flannel to make Amelia some sleep sacks since she keeps getting out of her blankets at night.  I am thinking it should be a fairly easy project even without a pattern.  Now I have to make sure I get it done, and the sooner the better.
    • I am soo excited my popsugar box shipped last week which means it should be arriving soon!  It weighs 3.7lbs and I can't wait to see what's inside :). I also have an ecocentric mystery baby box which I think should be shipping soon.  I LOVE surprises :))
    • Another exciting development is that later this week my blog will be getting a new look, so many things to look forward to!
    Thanks for stopping you my blog, if you enjoyed reading then please follow me on Facebook!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS