Fab Fit Fun Review March 2014

    Fab Fit Fun is a quarterly subscription box curated by Giuliana Rancic and her Fab Fit Fun team with full sized premium products for each season.  They choose products to help keep you looking Fab, products to help keep you fit, and some just for fun!  This was my first box with them so I was pretty excited to see what it would bring!

Now I admittedly had already seen spoilers while waiting for my box, but there were several different prints on the turbands so I couldn't wait to see if I got the one I wanted!  I did not take a picture of their information cards but it is one of my favorites.  It includes great descriptions of the products as well as prices (saves me the time of looking them up!). 

Kai Perfume Oil ($48) - This perfume comes in a roll on which I think will be perfect for traveling.  I thought the smell was alright.  At first I didn't really like it but after putting it on a few times once it settles down it smells nice.  They claim it smells different on each person so maybe it just had to adjust to me. 

Cover FX SPF 30 Protection Primer ($38) - Well summer is coming up (eventually it will HAVE to warm up right?) so this should be a good addition to my skincare routine in the morning.  It is nice they included this in the box because I probably wouldn't have bought it myself.

Cult Gaia Turband ($48) - I couldn't wait to see which print I would get, but I really don't like this one (I was hoping for a black and white polka dotted one without cherries).  This seems like a print I would have liked in middle or high school.  That said these headbands are kind of fun, they have a flexible wire in them to hold its shape.  You can twist it into a flower, bow or just like a regular headband.  

Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mitt ($19.99) - The information card suggested using this mitt before using tanner lotions, which if think is what I will use it for.  I have never tried a mitt like this before but it is supposed to last for six months and give the same benefits as spa treatments so I am excited to give it a try!

Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray ($25) - I must be one of the only people who don't use dry shampoo.  I have curly/wavy hair and it must be washed to look presentable so I won't use this product.  Luckily this box has a high retail value so even without this product I am still getting a pretty good deal.


Level Naturals Shower Bombs ($7.99) - I am soooo excited that these were in the box!  I have been wanting to try these since I saw them in a Yuzen box review a while back.  I have not tried them yet but they smell great!

The Better Chip Spinach and Kale with Sea Salt ($1.99) - These weren't bad but I don't think I would buy them again.  You could definitely taste the spinach and kale but with the corn tortilla it wasn't too strong.  Maybe they would be good with a dip?

Merrithew Mini Stability Ball and DVD ($28.94) - I had a mini stability ball but it actually got popped a while back.  Maybe this will help me get back into working out, since baby I have gotten pretty out of shape!

 Well this was a pretty good start for my first Fab Fit Fun box.  All totaled up this box has a retail value of $217.91 and only cost $49.99.  For a first time subscriber you can save $5 with the code spring5 and I believe they still have some spring boxes left if you loved this box.  This is definitely one of the highest value boxes I have received!  While I wouldn't have bought all of these items myself I think I still got a good value on the items I will use.  Plus once I try them out maybe I will end up loving something I didn't think in would, that is what is fun about subscription boxes!

Disclosure: This box was paid for on my own and I was not compensated for my honest review.











2 comments:

  1. This is also my first FFF box. I was somewhat disappointed after seeing what past boxes had in them. I hate the print on my turband. It is also cherries but its completely different than yours. It's on an ivory back ground, looks very grandmotherly. I will use it still, but probably only around the house. I agree with you on the perfume oil. The scent was overpowering when I first dabbed it on my wrists, but I smelled it again about 30 mins later and I really liked it then. I'm not a huge floral scent fan, but it turned out nice. I like the idea of the shower bombs, but the eucalyptus gives me a headache. Strong smells do that to me. I have a friend who'll love them though. I've been wanting to try dry shampoo, so I was excited about that. Everything else was just kind of meh. I'm mostly disappointed because I saw some pictures of sneak peeks of the box and thought that everything pictured would be in there. So I thought sunglasses, nail polish, eyeshadow. I signed up for the full year for better savings, so I hope next season's is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really wish I had liked my headband print, I think then I would have loved the box.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS