From The Lab Review Nov. 2013

        I wasn't really expecting any mail today but it was a nice surprise to see my first From The Lab box had arrived.  From The Lab is a monthly subscription service that brings you a luxury skincare, hair, or makeup item to you six months before it is sold in stores.  These products are from the top cosmetic labs around the world and are estimated to be sold in stores for $40-200 and the subscription is $19.99 + $5.95 shipping.   In answer to what kind of ingredients they use - "From the Lab uses a conscientious selection of plant-based and synthetic ingredients that are suitable for all skin types. We do not test on animals or include any substance of animal origin in our products. We only use premium ingredients, and our formulas are free of parabens, benzene, formaldehyde-releasing ingredients, irritants, nanoparticles, nitrosating ingredients, PABA, phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, toluene, and mineral oils and other comedogenic actives that clog pores."  I am pretty picky about the ingredients in my skincare so it is nice to see they are too.  Anyways onto what came in this months box..
   I was sooo excited when I opened the box and saw it was a face serum and cream!  Eek I LOVE trying new lotions and serums so this box is right up my alley.  They said estimated retail value for this months set is $200+ so it really is a luxury set.  They also included an information brochure which included a lot of detailed information on the ingredients and the benefits for your skin.  


   Sorry the pictures are kind of dark, but I was excited to get my review up so I quickly took these.  The special ingredient in these products is yarsagumba extract, which is a rare and expensive mushroom from the Himalayas.  Apparently they are "sold by the carat at prices that can exceed the cost of gold."  I have tried other lotions and serums with mushrooms (a different kind) being the noted ingredient and did not care for the smell, but the smell of these did not at all smell like a mushroom :). I love mushrooms but I don't want to smell like one.  There are other ingredients that also add quite a benefit for your skin and these cards cover them all.  Seriously after reading these descriptions I would have been convinced I need to try them.
     Before writing my review I did take off my makeup and try out the new products.  I had very big expectations for these products and of course I will need to use them a while to form a true opinion but my skin feels very soft after application.  The main goal of this duo is anti aging not moisturizing which is my main skin concern.  I like the way they make my skin feel but I am not sure yet if they deliver enough moisture for my skin. They have kind of a perfume smell (maybe to cover up the mushroom smell?) which I wish was more subtle.  The smell is really my only complaint so far, not that it's bad, just a little stronger than I would like.  
    All in all I am very pleased with the selection of products to try this month (my skin feels so soft) and I can't wait to see what else From the Lab brings.  If you are interested in trying this box click here.

Disclosure: I paid for this box and did not receive compensation of any kind for my review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS